Terms & Conditions of St. Declan’s Way Walk
For further details of this event, including times & organisational issues, please visit the St. Declan’s Way July Walk page on the Knockmealdown Active site.
- Be over 16 years of age.
- Be in a fit physical condition.
- Have reasonable walking experience.
- Have wind and waterproof clothing & wear suitable footwear.
- Bring a fully charged mobile phone.
- Sign in at the start and finish check points each day.
- Pay the entry fee in advance (booking is online only, see booking options below).
The €15 payment covers buses to take walkers to the walk start, team leaders and medics on hand during the event. It does not include food. Walkers should make sure to bring snacks and drinks for the duration of the walk. The Parlour Café is across from the Green in Ardfinnan for those who wish to finish the walk with some refreshments.
Note: There are two walks on the day, an A Walk and a B Walk, both cover the same distance but differ in difficulty level.
- the A Walk is considered Moderate to Difficult and is only recommended for experienced walkers. Also, because it crosses over the Knockmealdowns between Goatenbridge and Lismore, the numbers are limited to just 30 participants. Walking boots and weatherproof gear are a requirement for the A Walk.
- The B Walk is considered Easy to Moderate, should suit most experience and fitness levels and there is no restriction on numbers. The climb is not as steep as it is in the A Walk. If the weather is fine runners will suffice for this walk. Please bring appropriate weatherproof gear.