Baylough Kayaking Terms & Conditions
Booking is at the bottom of the page. Please read the terms and conditions first.
- All participants must be in a fit physical condition.
- Bring weatherproof clothing, wear suitable footwear (your footwear & clothing may get wet) & bring sunscreen if necessary.
- Bring a fully charged mobile phone so we can contact you.
- Be at the lake and make yourself known to the operator 10 minutes before your allocated time-slot.
- Note: It takes 15-20 minutes to walk to the lake from the car park.
- Pay the entry fee in advance. Once booked, no refunds can be offered for cancellations.
- A child is anyone under 16 years of age.
- Children under 16 can go with an adult (double Kayak) or when another adult is on the water in another craft.
- It is possible to book on-site (walk-ins), but online bookings will take precedence.
- The car park is at the following Google Maps location – https://bit.ly/3MailHP.
The Entry Fee cost covers:
- Kayak, paddle & buoyancy aid – you cannot use your own.
- Trained guide on standby
Participants must bring any meals, snacks and drinks they require. There is no food provided.
Places are on a first booked, first served basis. When they are gone, they are gone.
Important: Before booking please have the following information ready for all participants being booked:
- Main Participant Phone Number (in case we need to contact you)
- Email Address (for communication)
- No. of participants
- Heard about event (Facebook, Email, Word of Mouth, etc.)
- Where you are travelling from?
Note: By purchasing a ticket for the event you are also accepting the following terms:
Refund Policy – The Registration Fee is non-refundable under any circumstances, including injury or event re-scheduling due to unforeseen circumstances.
Transfer Policy – Registration may be transferred to another party up to one week before the event date for a rebooking fee of €5 by emailing info@KnockmealdownActive.ie.
Use of your image – as part of the promotion and reporting of the event, photographs featuring participants may occasionally be taken and appear on our social media channels. If you do not wish to have your image used, please email details of the image to info@KnockmealdownActive.ie and we will remove it.
Cancellation – If, for whatever reason, the event has to be cancelled, as much notice as possible will be given. We can not rule out the possibility of having to cancel due to exceptional circumstances (e.g. lake conditions / really poor weather conditions / medical regulations). If the event is cancelled, refunds will be issued to all participants, via their original method of payment, as quickly as is practical.
Note: If a day or time-slot is not available it has sold out.
Rent single sit-on Kayak for one hour.
Rent double sit-on Kayak for one hour. Can be two adults or one adult & one child.